Prime Day is here, and some of Amazon’s best discounts are on its own devices: Kindle e-readers, Echo smart speakers and displays, and other home products that work with the Alexa voice-activated digital assistant. On to the savings!
To see everything else on sale right now, check out our round-up of the best Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals.
Kindle e-readers and Fire tablets
- Kindle Paperwhite, $80 (save $50)
- Kindle Paperwhite Essentials BundleRemove non-product link, $120 (save $70). Includes a leather case and power adapter
- Kindle OasisRemove non-product link, $175 (save $75)
- Kindle with built-in lightRemove non-product link, $60 (save $30)
We definitely recommend the Paperwhite as the best all-around e-reader for most people. The Oasis is very light, and has a superior display, but wow, that Paperwhite deal is too good to pass up. Meanwhile, there’s no shame in buying the baseline Kindle. It’s wonderful too, and gets the job done.
- Fire HD 10 tabletRemove non-product link, $80 (save $70)
- Fire HD 8 PlusRemove non-product link, $90 (save $35)
- Fire HD 10 Kids EditionRemove non-product link, $130 (save $70)
Apple’s iPad sets the gold standard in tablets mainly due to its app ecosystem. But don’t sleep on Amazon’s Fire line: These are fantastic entertainment-consumption and education devices, and these prices can’t be beat.
Echo smart speakers and displays
- Echo Show 5, $45 (save $45)
- Echo Show 8Remove non-product link, $65 (save $65)
- Echo Dot (3rd gen), $19 (save $31)
- Echo Studio, $150 (save $50)
- Echo Spot, $90 (save $40)
First off, Amazon has reduced prices on all its Echos, so if you want advice on the entire line-up check out this Echo buyer’s guide, as well as our top picks for all smart speakers and displays. That being said, we’d advise you to grab the Echo Show 5 right now. It’s a smart display, and it wins our pick for best all-around smart speaker. Meanwhile, those 3rd gen Echo Dots are incredibly alluring at $19. Just throw them all around the house!
Fire TV smart TVs of varying sizes
- Toshiba 50-inch 4K smart TVRemove non-product link, $260 (save $120)
- Toshiba 32-inch 720p smart TVRemove non-product link, $120 (save $60)
- Insignia 43-inch 4K smart TVRemove non-product link, $200 (save $100)
- Insignia 32-inch 720p smart TVRemove non-product link, $109 *save $60)
The 32-inch Toshiba 720p Fire TV editionRemove non-product link features built-in Fire TV capabilities, with a 33 percent discount bringing it down to $120 from a $180 list price.
The 43-inch all-new Insignia smart 4K UHD Fire TV editionRemove non-product link boasts higher video quality than the Toshiba options, along with built-in Fire TV features, and a 33 percent discount that brings it down to $200 from $300.
Top tech sales during Prime Day
Want to do your own digging around to see what’s available? All of these stores have sales right now: