|Filed Under||Social networking|
Friends Aloud Pro is a personalized “News Radio” that can broadcast your friends’ news directly to you. Friends Aloud Pro reads your Facebook news feed aloud so that you can stay connected with your friends anytime, anywhere. Using state of the art text-to-speech technology, you can listen hands-free to everything your friends post in a soothing voice when you’re driving, walking, working out, or just relaxing.
MacWorld said, "Facebook has been striving to be all things to all people: an e-mail service, a newspaper, even a place to share videos. But it hasn't been a radio station—until now."
Wall Street Journal said, "If you need to be abreast of the updates that continually bombard your Facebook account, a new iPhone application has been released called Friends Aloud which might help you stay on top of all those updates, by reading the your Facebook updates out loud to you."
Appolicious said, "If keeping up with your Facebook news feed is so important to you that you do dumb things like read it while driving, Friends Aloud Lite can make your life safer while making sure you don't miss a status."
Friends Aloud Pro features:
• Read aloud your latest Facebook news feed posts and their associated comments in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman’s voice
• Display each post on the screen, so that you can tap around to read posts at random
• Automatically shift to reading only new posts for as long as you leave the app running
• Intuitive play, pause, and skip forward/back buttons, just like the iPod
• Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
• Understand and read some common computer jargon such as smiley faces, texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc.)
• Mute posts from friends or “liked pages” that you prefer to skip
• Use standard Facebook login to connect with your friends
• Number of comments read can be limited to none, the latest 5, 10, 20, or a maximum of 50
• Read headlines of links, photo albums, and videos
• Read as far back in time as you wish by tapping “Older posts”
Why use Friends Aloud?
• Listen to your friends’ postings while driving, walking, in a meeting, at work, anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied
• Keep your eyes on the road so that you don’t get pulled over for “texting while driving” or – worse – cause an accident
• Relax your eyes by listening to, instead of reading, your friends’ news
You can try some of these great features via the free version Friends Aloud Lite. It has many of the same capabilities of Friends Aloud Pro and reads aloud using the same lilting, easy-to-understand voice, but it contains advertising and is limited to reading aloud only the latest 10 news feed posts at any one time.
Join our Facebook and Twitter:
Evite Social networking
Macworld | iWorld Mobile Show Guide Social networking
Tweets Aloud Social networking
Kullect Social networking
Showyou Social networking
Speech2Tweet Social networking
HighNote Social networking
PAC'N TWIT for twitter Social networking
TweetyPop - Twitter, Reimagined. Social networking
Glassboard Social networking
Well Social networking