||Full featured Podcast Manager (podcatcher) and RSS feed reader
Subscribe to RSS/Atom feeds, download, listen or watch podcasts directly on your device. Google Reader integration, flexible download scheduler and many more.
This is a "Lite" version with 7 day full feature trial!
TABLET version of BeyondPod is currently in BETA. Check it out at www.beyondpod.mobi (requires Android 3 Honeycomb)
* Sophisticated podcast download engine gives you complete control of how many podcasts to download and how long to keep the old versions. Downloads new content in the background, so you spend more time enjoying you feeds, and less time waiting on them.
* BeyondPod provides full control over what is being downloaded over your data connection. Update a single feed, feeds in a given category, or all feeds. Download a single podcast, the latest podcasts, or all podcasts for a given feed. Nothing happens without your knowledge. Podcast downloads can be scheduled to occur at a specific time, only when connected to WiFi, or only when the phone is charging. BeyondPod also offers an option to automatically (1) Turn WiFi on, (2) Update your feeds, (3) Turn WiFi back off.
* BeyondPod's integrated podcast player tracks what podcasts you have listened to, and supports automatically deleting podcasts at the end of playback to save space. There is also a configurable TiVo style "commercial skip" that lets you easily skip over content that you are not interested in.
* BeyondPod's Smart Playlist automatically generates playlists based on your listening preferences. (For example: First play the 2 newest podcasts of feed A, Then play the oldest podcast of Feed B. etc.). If you follow multiple podcasts Smart Playlist is an excellent way to always listen to what you want.
* BeyondPod's Home Screen Widget gives you one-button access to your podcasts, SmartPlay, and SmartPlay updates directly from your phone's Home screen.
* Integration with Google Reader allows you to easily import your Reader subscriptions. BeyondPod will also synchronize the "Read" and "Starred" status of individual posts so you can read the same feed on both PC or Phone.
* Assign feeds to various categories (such as News, Sports, or Technology) for convenient filtering by topic.
* Use BeyondPod to discover new podcasts and RSS feeds. Search for feeds, import feeds from a variety of popular directories, from Google Reader, or from external OPML files.
* Import any local files (music, audio books, voice notes etc) and make them playable in BeyondPod audio/video player as if they were podcasts.
* BeyondPod supports both wired headsets and Bluetooth receiver (via the AVRC profile).
* Use the Sleep feature to automatically turn the podcast playback off after predetermined period of time.
* Supports Atom, RSS 2.0, RDF and OPML feeds.
* Added a support for Variable Speed Playback (1x, 2x...) using the Presto plug-in. Each feed can also have a "preferred" playback speed configurable in the feed properties.
* Widgets background (dark or transparent) and the 'Next' button (Next, Skip forward/back) can now be configured.
* Added an option to automatically restart SmartPlay when the current playlist ends.
* Category list can now be reordered.
* Multiple videos can now be queued for playback on the playlist.
Content rating: Medium Maturity