- Solid and speedy hardware
- Best-in-class touch interface
- Large display shows pics and videos beautifully
- Big, bright touchscreen
- All-day battery life
- Large collection of apps
- Music and video apps could be better
- No way to manage files, no camera, no multitasking
- Heavier and harder to hold than a dedicated e-book reader
- Lack of Flash support cripples many Web sites
- Poor scaling of iPhone apps
- External keyboard needed for long-form typing chores
At A Glance
Apple looks set to shake up casual computing with a tablet that offers clever design and ease of use. But that streamlined approach may also be the iPad's weakness.
The best way to experience the web, email, photos, and video. Hands down. All of the built-in apps on iPad were designed from the ground up to take advantage of the large Multi-Touch screen and advanced capabilities of iPad. And they work in any orientation. So you can do things with these apps that you can't do on any other device.