- Best-in-class touch interface
- Solid and speedy hardware
- Large display shows pics and videos beautifully
- Big, bright touchscreen
- Large collection of apps
- All-day battery life
- Music and video apps could be better
- No way to manage files, no camera, no multitasking
- Lack of Flash support cripples many Web sites
- Heavier and harder to hold than a dedicated e-book reader
- External keyboard needed for long-form typing chores
- Poor scaling of iPhone apps
At A Glance
Apple looks set to shake up casual computing with a tablet that offers clever design and ease of use. But that streamlined approach may also be the iPad's weakness.
The best way to experience the web, email, photos, and video. Hands down. All of the built-in apps on iPad were designed from the ground up to take advantage of the large Multi-Touch screen and advanced capabilities of iPad. And they work in any orientation. So you can do things with these apps that you can't do on any other device.