- Can be integrated into a Sonos whole-home audio system
- Very good sound with both movies and music
- Versatile setup options
- Just two wires: TOSlink and power
- Not a surround-sound system
- Lacks in-your-face bass response
- Doesn't support Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio
At A Glance
The Sonos Playbar is one of the best sound bars in its price range, but it can't compete with a mid-range AV receiver and a 5.1-channel speaker configuration.
Playbar's nine-speaker design floods any room with high-fidelity audio for games and movies, huge waves of live concert sound, and wireless streams of all the music on earth. And it all comes from one easy-to-use player that brings hi-fi sound to your high-definition TV.
Buy This Speaker