- It's the only option for streaming iTunes content
- Apple Music, HomeKit, and AirPlay further extend the box's usefulness
- App-driven home screen is easy to understand
- Fairly cheap for a high-end set-top box
- Only platform that still lacks voice search
- Outdated hardware translates to long loading times
- Limited app selection
- Remote is overly simplistic and depends on line of sight
At A Glance
While it's beginning to show its age, Apple TV's hooks into the Apple ecosystem still make it worth considering.
Apple TV gives you access to tons of great HD content in a tiny package. Enjoy blockbuster movies, TV shows, live sports and news, your music, photos, and more--right on your high-definition TV. You can even play content from your iOS devices or Mac on your TV using AirPlay. Best of all, Apple TV is just $69.
Buy This Streaming Hardware