Facebook IPO, Tons of New Cameras, and Inkjets for Business on PCWorld Podcast #131
Maybe you've heard of this little start-up company called Facebook. They're finally attempting to go public, and with that we've learned quite a bit about the company, including how much money they're making and how much they want to raise by becoming publicly traded (about $5 billion). Our resident Facebook expert Mark Sullivan is on hand to talk about the IPO and the imminent arrival of Timeline.
Also, there have been about 537 digital cameras announced this week. That's an exaggeration, but not much of one. Camera guru Tim Moynihan gives us the highlights from this week's announcements.
Printers may not be "hot news" in the tech industry, but it's still a technology many of us rely on daily. Melissa Riofrio has been testing out some new inkjet printers made for small businesses, and she's got surprising news: small business inkjets can offer comparable speed, better quality, and lower cost than inexpensive color lasers.
Download the podcast (34:42).
You can also stream the podcast via QuickTime:
Products mentioned in this article
- Nikon Coolpix P510 Bridge Camera
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Compact Camera
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Compact Camera $300.00 (Check Prices) via Amazon.com Marketplace
- Pentax K-01 Mirrorless Camera
- Nikon Coolpix S9300 Compact Camera
- Nikon Coolpix P310 Compact Camera
- Sony Cyber-shot Digital Camera TX200V $370.00 (Check Prices) via Amazon.com Marketplace