Play This! Podcast: Netflix's series House of Cards
Netflix has a major new original series called House of Cards, a political thriller that is right up there with the best of the original series on HBO or Showtime. It's fantastic and you should check it out. Also, Christopher Lee (yes, Saruman) celebrated his 90th birthday with a heavy metal album. Seriously.
Links from this week's episode:
- Alex is having a great time with the latest Sly Cooper game, Thieves in Time, which nobody seems to be talking about.
- Christopher Lee, the knighted actor who played Saruman (and Darth Tyranus), released a heavy metal album about Charlemange. For real.
- The Gorburger show is kind of insane. Waste an afternoon watching it on YouTube for awhile.
- The Cave is sort of a weird, kinda-sorta cooperative adventure game from the old, old, old school. Think Maniac Mansion old. It's unusual, a little funny, and worth checking out.
- If you liked the game Terraria, you'll definitely want to keep your eye on Starbound.
- House of Cards is Netflix's original series, starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright, is really fantastic. Best of all, you can watch the first episode without a Netflix subscription. Just go to the site and watch.
Have a listen:
Or, if you prefer, download the MP3 of this episode.