Play This! Podcast: Antichamber, Community, Sim City, and the Joe Schmo Show
Our guests left us high and dry this week, but you know what? It doesn't matter. The scitilating coversation between Carlos and Alex is enough to keep your ears glued to your headphones for the next half hour. They discuss everything from the indie game Antichamber to the faux reality show The Joe Schmo Show.
Links from this week's episode:
- One real person thinks he's on a reality TV show, surrounded by improv actors. Can he figure it out? That's the premise of the Joe Schmo Show.
- House of Cards is great. We'll talk about it next week in detail, but go ahead and start watching now.
- We're excited to see that Community is back, even though creator Dan Harmon is out.
- Independant game Proteus is oddly beautiful in a low-fi way. Carlos says it's like "a painting come to life."
- Antichamber is a mind-bending independant game with ingenious puzzles.
- How many ways can EA nickel and dime you? It seems like with Dead Space 3 and Sim City.
- Classic PC game Arcanum is one of those old-school games where you can do weird things like kill any NPC, even if it messes up the story. You don't see that kind of thing anymore.
Have a listen:
Or, if you prefer, download the MP3 of this episode.