Play This! Podcast: Myspace, anonymous commenting, Steam, and subscription video
In our first podcast back after our holiday and CES break, the audio gremlins attacked the studio this week, and some weird sound bugs caused us to have to chop around 20 minutes out of the show. What's left is still a scintilating coversation with Lauren Crabbe and Alex Cocilova about the new Myspace and many other things.
Links from this week's episode:
- Myspace is back, and it's pretty good. It's not really a social network so much as a place for people to showcase their creative talents.
- Adventure Time is bizarre, and great. It's a kid's show, but sort of for adults.
- Steam had a huge winter sale, and it killed Alex's wallet. He spent two hours making a spreadsheet just to figure out what to play. Nerd.
- Content systems need "killer apps" as well. How many of us have HBO just because of Game of Thrones? Or Hulu Plus just to watch Downton Abbey?
- Carlos wants you all to read You Are Not a Gadget by Jaron Lanier (who has the worst web page ever).
- Red vs. Blue, after 10 seasons, still holds up. It's a comedy series set in the Halo universe, using Halo graphics. Machinima!
Have a listen:
Or, if you prefer, download the MP3 of this episode.