Play This! Podcast: Pomeranians in the jungle
It's double the Alex fun this week, as Alex Cocilova joins Jason, Carlos, and DJ A-dubs to talk about storming the Tokyo Jungle. If you don't want to play as a Pomeranian struggling to survive in a future Tokyo overrun with wild beasts, you can always watch the excellent fan film Left 4 Dead - The Movie, or run over the undead hordes in Earn to Die. If you're a fan of LCD Soundsystem, Carlos thinks you're love the documentary Shut Up and Play the Hits.
Links from this week's episode:
- Alex Wawro has can't stop talking about how great Tokyo Jungle is.
- Other Alex wants you to watch Left 4 Dead - The Movie, especially Part 3.
- Run over zombies, upgrade your car, and do it all over again in Earn to Die.
- A mere $5 will get you the fantastic rotoscoped Jordan Mechner adventure game The Last Express
- Don't trust the screenshots for FTL, they do't do the game justice. Just pick it up for your PC or Mac. You won't be sorry.
- If you always wanted to play Star Trek bridge crew, with you and your friends each manning a single station, you'll be interested in Artemis.
- Fans of LCD Soundsystem should watch Shut Up and Play the Hits, a nifty documentary about their last show.
- The Kickstarter for Blackspace is worth looking at. It's a 3D Lunar Lander with tower defense elements, or something.
- Boardwalk Empire is fantastic, but what's the deal with HBO Go only being available if you have HBO through your cable company?
- Save Toshi DX is really weird.
- Don't forget to send us your songs! Download iAmBeatBox, Figure, or another easy music-making app, and send us a link (no files, please) to your creation. Just mail us with the subject "Play This podcast", and mention the app you used. We'll feature the best ones on the air in a couple weeks.
Got something you want us to talk about, check out, or a guest you want us to try to book? Send us mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Play This! podcast.
Have a listen:
Or, if you prefer, download the MP3 of this episode.