The Home Theater Experience
- Sony WEGA KF-42WE610 42'' LCD Projection TV
- V Inc Bravo D2 DVD Player
- Samsung TX-P2675WH 26
- Philips 30PW8402
- Sony WEGA KE32TS2 32'' Plasma TV
- Fujitsu P63XHA30WS
- Panasonic PT-47X54 47
- JVC AV-65WP94
- Panasonic PT-AE500U Projector
- Sony Cineza VPL-HS10 LCD Projector
- iVision HD Projector
- Denon DVD-1200 DVD Player
- Samsung DVD-HD841 DVD Player
- Onkyo LS-V955 Home Theater
- JVC TH-M55 Home Theater
- Panasonic SC-HT700 Home Theater
- Sharp AQUOS LC-37HV4U 37'' LCD TV
If you're a true movie lover, there's no more lofty aspiration than to build a theater of your own, right in your living room. Of course, you'd probably love to design a theater that rivals your local multiplex--but that would only be possible if you were willing to part with thousands upon thousands of dollars. Luckily, you can still find a lot of pleasure in more affordable home theater setups, some starting for less than $2000.
Whatever your design entails, you'll need at least three components to build a home theater system: a TV or digital projector; a DVD player; and a home theater speaker system, which lets you hear movies the way they sound in big theaters.
Let's take a look at your options for each of these three components, as well as what's involved in actually setting them up to create the optimal home theater experience.
The Home Theater ExperienceNext Page